Sunday, February 16, 2014

Wow! I saw this and had to buy it-Check this out!

I was shopping at The  Fresh Market with my husband hoping to find Passion fruit my husband loves it. We have it on our tropical vacations but I cannot find it in the states. While browsing I discovered this a Red Pummelo. Look at the quarter in front it will help to show how large this is. I had never heard of one before and loved how large it was-we had to buy it. It was a bit expensive but sometimes it is the experience. When we got home I set in on the counter knowing it would get my boys attention-sure enough they were amazed.

 
It looks like a grapefruit inside. We were told by the cashier it is a combination of an orange and grapefruit. They were right. It was like a sweet grapefruit-yum!
 
 
It was fun trying to juice it once we ate the sections. It was so large it wouldn't stay on the juicer. My husband and older son used their brute strength to squeeze the juice. Once exhausted they were like I give up:) It was good entertainment:)

No comments:

Post a Comment