Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Cool Gardening Tool-it will get your kids to help pull weeds-no joking!

This is a weed picker I picked up at Aldi for I think $6.99 or $9.99-it is worth its weight in gold:)

                  I got this tool at Aldi I sort of got it as part of a gift to make my husband smile and hope it would help save his back. I put it in the garage with or other gardening tools and it caught the attention of my youngest son Brandt who is 15. He is the classic kid of his generation-on his phone or on his computer-really the only things that can keep his interest. Lately he had those items taken away because his grades slipped. Bored to death as he put it-he felt compelled to help me with some landscaping this weekend. I found if I let my kids pick things out like trees or plants they take ownership in them-its really neat.
Anyways back to the tool, Brandt asked about it and he knows his Dad is always pulling weeds and tries to get us to do the same-our yard is loaded. When my husband and I went out last night Brandt had a huge bucket full of weeds he had pcked with this weed picker and was throwing them away-he said this works pretty good:) Today he said mom lets go to Lowes when I get home from school. I asked what do you want to buy? he said grass seeds to fill in the holes where the weeds are:) I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment