Monday, April 14, 2014

Getting your child ready to go to college



Now that we have toured my son's college he will be attending I now have a better idea of what he will need when goes.

I started shopping with him now for many reasons: I can find them on sale, getting him excited for his new life journey and piece of mind:) as a Mom having my baby leave the nest, as my youngest son reminded me, is hard enough...I will feel better knowing he has everything he needs to let him concentrate on his studies, Happy and when he uses it he will know he is Loved:)

It was cute after we shopped he said Mom you have some good ideas about what I will need:)

Here are some things we have found and purchased:
Sleep is huge to my son. He got so excited when he saw this pillow  I couldn't say no. In fact he had to use it right away.
We weren't sure what size pillow case would fit it-it did'nt say on the box-glad to say twin fit surprisingly we thought he would need a bigger one.
Found at Home Goods.

He found this amazingly soft blanket.
Purchased at Home Goods.

This comforter is reversible!
I did'nt get him sheets because he has extras here that he can bring that will match-save money where you can:)
It was on sale at Target.


I Love this! This way he can Lock up any Valuables or his wallet. We found this at Home Goods.

We still need to get him a Laptop, TV, TP, Laundry Soap (he has free laundry at his college) and cleaning supplies-after seeing the dorm-definitely cleaning supplies:) I hope this list helps you getting your child ready for college.

Note***Freshmen at some colleges can have cars(luckily he can)-a lot of students use bikes to get around so that would be good to add to the list and a lock.
I am considering couch  and chair slip covers because I don't know how clean they are :) I am sort of a germ foab:)
We are looking at some hard plastic modern dishes like plates and bowls. Also, a set of basic pots and pans at Target. With the meal plan he will have we are still trying to way out if he needs them.

1 comment:

  1. Your son is very lucky to have a hands-on Mom who knows exactly what he needs. You've practically packed all the stuff that will make his college life easier and comfortable, at the very least. Now the only thing he needs is to focus on his studies. I hope your son is having a great time in college. Have a good day!

    Valerie Casey @ The Studemont Group CFS

    ReplyDelete