Monday, June 23, 2014

Adding Luxe to your bathroom on a Budget-Tips from a Decorator






        Tips on to transform your bathroom for okay to Luxe on a budget.
First you need to know what to buy. This bathroom was neutral which is a good base add your colors and Luxury items with accessories. First I purchased nice towels in a rich chocolate color. I found them at Marshall's. Then I added tassels in these neutral colors with a touch of gold-this is our touch of Luxe. I purchased them at Bed Bath and Beyond. This is nice but it needs something above it. I could do a picture or a flat floral hanging vase with flowers-but I 've seen that a million times-I want something interesting and unique.


 I found just that I love this sculptural plaque it was in my colors-usually I will find a piece I like and have to paint it to match-this was perfect. I found it on clearance at Hobby Lobby $9.99-regularly 39.99- a steal!
Again it gives that unexpected detail and a touch of Luxe.

In the corner I used a piece of blown glass as decorative and functional accessory.
I like the unique shape in place of a basket which is typically used and the gold glass is the Luxe element.
 I found it for $5.99 at Home Goods ad simply filled it with bath items we would use. I found them at Walmart. The Pillar candle next to it I purchased it at TJ Maxx in a scent I liked and the color of my theme and hot glued a decorative ribbon to it to give the Luxe factor. I love the smell of a candle while taking a bath it just adds to the mood.

In the other corner I found these decorative containers (found at Kirkland's for $14.99 for the set) and filled them with my husbands bath salts, my moisturizing bath beads and potpourri. This is a great example of Decorative function-we have everything handy but all in its place-it still looks pretty.
 This was a great find-it is an orb that lights up and changes colors. My husband likes to turn off all the lights and take a bath by soft lights. It is pretty even when not lite up. I found that in the clearance section of Pier 1 for $11.99.
 This wall of the tub is tall so I used multiple metal medallion tiles to complete the look. Notice I stayed in the neutral colors and accented with bronze, gold and rich brown to add the Luxe.


Another way to add the Luxe factor is by taking out the builder grade mirror and adding two framed mirrors.
I found these at Kirkland's for $29.99 a piece.
Also investing in nicer vanity lights-I fond these on clearance for Less than $50 at Home Depot.
What a difference it makes. 

Next I will add a better paint in a richer color. In between the mirrors I have a stencil 
that is going to add a rich luxurious touch with the style and colors I am using. Look for pictures coming soon. I will also tell what colors I used and how I created the effect. Also changing the outlet covers to a dark brown-its all in the details:) make the room feel rich and put together.




No comments:

Post a Comment