Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pecan Sugar Cookies dipped in Chocolate Recipe


Here it is my favorite cookie recipe that I make at the holidays.
I had them when visiting my in-laws. I could not leave them alone...they kept calling me...Kim have just one more:)
Nancy is an excellent cook and I had to ask her for the recipe.
I make them every year but give some to friends and neighbors so I do not eat too many.

Pecan Sugar Cookies-dipped in Chocolate Recipe

Ingredients:
Cookie batter:
1 cup Butter (2 sticks) soften to room temperature
1 cup Sugar
2 Large Eggs
2 Tsp. Vanilla
2 ½ cups of Flour
½ tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp. Salt
1 cup chopped Pecans

Chocolate Dip:
1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1/8 of a paraffin wax bar-shaved-melts quicker

Directions:
Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla beat 2 more minutes. Add dry ingredients-mix well. Add pecans and mix by hand.
Divide the dough in half, roll into logs and wrap with plastic wrap. Pop in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Remove one log from the fridge at a time, unwrap and use a sharp knife to cut ¼ inch slices place on non-stick baking sheets.
Bake for 8-9 minutes.
Let cool on baking racks.

Put chocolate chips and wax in a glass bowl in microwave for 20 seconds stir repeat-do it in slow so it doesn’t burn.
Dip half the cookie in, let excess drip and place on a wax paper lined plate put into the fridge until it sets.
Makes 48-60 cookies

From Chefs Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment