Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Unless you are the Rock or Jillian Michaels leave me alone when I am working out at the gym!:)


  Seriously there should be gym  Etiquette or rules.
The is what happened to me the last time I worked out at the gym... a guy, the one that asked me to let him in the gym as I was going in because he card didn't work-no problem it could happen to anyone I thought nothing of it.
Then the other day he approached me to thank me and tell he thought I looked like Suzanne Somers-he stopped me from working out-which I didn't like but I was nice and polite.
 He went too far the last time I worked out. I was getting my machine ready., adjusting the weights, putting down my towel when I felt someone's presence-yes the same guy. He started saying really loud that isn't enough weight that is way too light! I said I am adjusting it little by little and he said it again. I was really caught by surprise and instantly embarrassed. Then he said after all you are Suzanne Somers-I died-really? I was polite and answered him. He proceeded to say it is in my mind. I said probably. I was so embarrassed. I sat on my machine and had a smile on face which is what I do when I am embarrassed and erased it and tried to focus. Then I got really mad thinking-he was analyzing my workout-I didn't ask for his advice...what the H...? I gave my cardio machine a really good workout afterwards!
I am feeling anxious because I need to workout today...I am going earlier to try to avoid him-I think he works out in the afternoon when I try to think back when I have seen him-I do not want confrontation but I do not want to deal with him anymore. I have had people look before  but I just ignore them and it is not an issue. I try to keep to myself , turn up my music really loud, workout and leave-the good old days:)
My son told me to tell him to F... Off-really not my style, plus that isn't right.
 My husband said I should change gyms-but it is closet to my house and why should I have too? He is my age or older he should know better.
My idea is avoidance-time will make him forget me.

No comments:

Post a Comment