Friday, December 12, 2014

Raising Teenage boys



  Raising teenage boys/men is tricky sometimes making them happy or saying the right thing.
I try to listen and be there for them. I  do things that will make them Smile and make them Happy.

Little things like...

My son Brandt told me he gets really hungry after school so when I went shopping and I got popcorn chicken(he loves those) just before he got home so they would still be warm and had that and a jar of pepperoncini's (he mentioned he wanted those one day)-by his computer which is the first place he goes when he comes home.  When he got home I heard him run up the stairs and gave me the biggest Hug!

My son Blake is visiting his grandparents in Arizona right now when he comes home he has to have oral surgery-impacted wisdom teeth-ouch! So I am cleaning his room and washing his bedding...I want it to be fresh and comfy so he can sleep and not be disturbed.
I told him I will be his nurse and be there for whatever he needs:)
There is a naughty side of me that wants to video tape him when he is on pain killers:0
Some of the videos of people on them are hilarious! I won't...I'll be good:)

Recently my son Brandt wanted cut up celery he asked me to do it just as I got settled on the couch and we had started watching a movie. I thought he is old enough, so I said" Why don't you do it?"
Moments later... he said I cut myself-my heart sank-it was bad. Instant Mom guilt:(
He said I am going to need those finger condoms for when I take a shower. I said you mean covers:) The next day I searched a few stores and found them. He was on his computer with his microphone on gaming with his friends.  So when I got home, I said,"I got your finger condoms" nice and loud..I knew it would made him laugh and gave him and his friends something to talk about.
I didn't expect what my older son blake did. He always check the bags when I shop-he takes inventory of what food I buy:) Anyways, he saw them and instantly started laughing. Before I knew it he was blowing one up and popping it making jokes..it doesn't take much to entertain my kids-good silly times:)

Little things they do will make my day and let me know they Love me:)

When I clean and use strong cleaners my son Brandt turns on the fan and says, "Mom you shouldn't be breathing in those fumes"


My son Blake calls me when he is gone he knows it is important to me.  The first day he tried twice and I missed both calls so when I talked to him he had thought it out and told a set time he would call so I wouldn't miss his calls.

My son Brandt will say to me "Mom, can I have a hug?"

My son Blake will not leave me alone if I am mad at him-literally- which drives me crazy:0 It takes a lot for me to get mad and I can't just get over it instantly. He wants a kiss on the cheek and know we are good until he will leave me alone-which when I think about it is really, really sweet and a good way to be:)
It is funny because my husband says how come you forgive the kids so quickly and not me?

They are the Best decision I ever made:)

No comments:

Post a Comment