Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Best Holiday Cookie Recipe Peanut Butter Balls


In honor of national Cookie Day and it being the Holiday Season I will share with you my Family's Favorite Cookie Recipe.
Every Holiday my family requests these cookies-they say, only make these cookies and make a lot of them-they are so good. 


The best thing is they super easy and no bake.

Peanut Butter Ball Cookie Recipe

Ingredients:
3 cups   Kellogg's Rice Crispy Cereal
2 1/2 cups Jiff Chunky Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Powder Sugar
1 Giant Hershey Chocolate Bar
6 oz. Nestle Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips

Directions:
In a large bowl mix rice crispy cereal, peanut butter and powder sugar. 
Wrap bowl with saran wrap and refrigerate a half hour-an hour-if it is cold it is easier forms into balls-they hold their shape better.
Line plates with wax paper. Scoop o heaping teaspoon of batter and form into balls-once the plate is full refrigerate about a half hour-if they are really cold they hold their shape better when you dip them in the chocolate.
Next melt the chocolate-I have a chocolate warmer I got from Michael's so all I do is put the chocolate in it and stir.
If you do not have one place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave 20 seconds and stir. If you do it too long you can burn the chocolate and it will be ruined. Be patient and do it slow for the best results.
Line more plates with wax paper.
Once the chocolate is melted and creamy, take out your first plate and dip one into the chocolate-let excess chocolate drip off place on wax paper lined plate and pop back into the refrigerator until chocolate sets. Then you can put them in your cookie containers.
Enjoy!

I have another favorite recipe my mother-in-law shared with me that I'll share with you next week that is my weakness-I have to give them away so I do not eat them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment