Monday, October 27, 2014

Chicken and Broccoli Crepes with Cheese Sauce Recipe



  Every now and then I have to make crepes so delicious, easy and inexpensive to make.
I use to go to a place with my Mom it was a treat when we went to the mall-The Magic Pan and we would order a crepe like this-I tried my best to come as close to what I remembered. It was so cute last night my youngest son who s 15 was gaming-they talk to their friends while they do and he said have you ever had crepes before?
My son who is a man of little words kept saying Mom these are really delicious. Are you going to make he dessert too? It tickled me-I love to make good food and make the people I love happyJ


Chicken and Broccoli Crepes with Cheese Sauce Recipe

Chicken:
2 boneless skinless breasts slice into thin tenders
1 Olive oil
½ cup chicken broth
Knorr’s chicken stock tub-1/4 of tub
Salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet add olive oil chicken, salt and pepper to taste.
Cook chicken until cooked through. Slice into thin strips. Put broth and ¼ of Knorr’s chicken stock tub in a small microwavable bowl heat until dissolved. Add to pan with chicken keep on low heat stir to keep chicken moist and absorb the flavor of the broth.
Broccoli:
2 Crowns of Broccoli-cut in to strips
2 Tbsp. Butter
Bring a large pan of water to a boil-enough water to cover broccoli.
Add broccoli once the water is boiling-cook for 4 minutes. Put in colander and drawn and put cold water over to stop cooking. Put back in pan and add butter. Set aside.

Cheese Sauce:
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 Tbsp. Flour
1 cup Milk
Pinch a nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
1 ½ Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
Melt butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Add flour stir until pasty. Slowly add milk whisking until smooth. Add cheese little at a time whisking until melted. Add nutmeg and season to taste with salt and pepper.  Set aside. I reheat just before serving. If it is thick just add a little milk until the consistency you desire.
Crepe: I posted a Crepe pan from Chef.com last week. They are available at allot of stores pretty reasonably. Mine is by  Maxim company called Maxim electric crepe maker-it is so easy with a light that lets you know when it is done. I saw it new for $38.10.

¾ cup Milk
¾ cup Water
1 cup All-purpose Flour
3 Eggs
¼ Tsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Butter melted
Add all ingredients in blender and mix until smooth. Place in a glass pie dish or a large shallow dish.
Season crepe maker-I spray butter on and wipe off with napkin. Heat up crepe maker. Dip crepe maker in batter until coated-I find it is too thin so I quickly dip twice and it is perfect. Cook until light comes on. Gently use a knife to loosen from the sides and put crepe on plate. I put a few slices of chicken 2 spears of broccoli, ladle cheese sauce along the inside, then close the crepe and drizzle a little cheese sauce along the top.
I usually have plenty of batter left over. So once dinner settles. I whisk the batter again heat up the crepe maker to make more crepes and put a little vanilla ice cream in  a thin strip inside the crepe drizzle some warm Sanders Hot fudge, close the crepe and drizzle a little more hot fudge.


So delicious and really inexpensive to make-a real treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment