Friday, October 3, 2014

Stubborn Stain Solution to the Rescue




      My son has a tendency to leave pens in his pockets-I discovered it the hard way-when an entire load of wash got ruined. I tried the hair spray trick-didn't work. I thought OK lesson learned-check pockets:)
 School started again and I had gotten out of practice checking pockets over the summer but quickly had a flash back when
-yep you guessed it-it happened again!
Well this time I was determined to find a solution...this is getting expensive.





Happy to say I found what takes ink out of clothing..
Goo Gone Spot and Stain Remover-yeah!
I found it at Target in the front section as you enter the store-it is in their little dollar section. I saw it and thought what the heck I'll try it. When I saw how well it worked-I went back for 2 more bottles-just in case:)
      
 
Technique I used: I poured some on the ink spot and rubbed the fabric together to break up the stain-I started to see it lessen I did it a couple of times and then washed with a scoop of oxi clean versatile stain remover in the hot water cycle.
Before I dried the clothes, I checked the stains- I had to retreat a couple of the items and wash again-the stains came out!
The key is catching it before it dries in the dryer the dryer tends to set the stain-although I didn't catch the stains until they had gone through the wash and dryer the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment