Saturday, October 25, 2014

Turkey day is almost here...planning is key to making a beautiful delicious Thanks Giving feast


 
 I love Thanks Giving! I cook for 2 days. I make everything from scratch cooking fresh foods and passed down family recipes. I always ask my family what do you think? When it comes to Thanksgiving -they say do not change a thing it is perfect and we all look forward to it. I must admit I like that there are left overs...I do not have to cook complete meals for a couple days because I do some clever things with the leftovers which are sooo good-I'll share them with you in time for you to try them too.

                                                  






Great Centerpiece for your table or food scape
Glenda Turkey Statuette
Sale $43.95
       Original   $59.95



  

Autumn Pumpkin Tureen
Autumn Pumpkin Tureen
 Sale $19.95
         Original  $25.95
   
I make a potato leek soup-old family recipe that my family insists I make every year-this would be perfect to serve it in-how festive.  It is the first course usually lunch while you smell the Turkey cooking-a warm up:)
I will start posting my Thanksgiving recipes starting the beginning of November. I do not like to brag-most of them are recipes passed on through generations-they are really good.
 It was funny and a compliment but one of my husbands co-workers started coming to our home for Thanksgiving he texted my husband his family was out of town he would be eating at Waffle House-we welcomed to our Home-he came every year until we moved-I was honored because he loved my food:)


What a beautiful dish to put nuts in.
Marquis by Waterford Maple Leaf Bowl in Harvest Orange
Sale $32.95
       Original   $49.00






2-Piece Autumn Spreader Set
2-Piece Autumn Spreader Set
$7.95          

Perfect to serve appetizers.
 I usually serve a warm brie, French bread and fresh fruit.


Oakhurst Table Runner
Oakhurst Table Runner
Sale $17.95
       Original   $28.00
       

Available at Joss and Main in their Home for Thanksgiving Collection


No comments:

Post a Comment