Sunday, October 26, 2014

Ultimate Comfort Food, Tuna Noodle Melt Casserole Recipe

                      

  When my son went to college, I thought one of the things that will bring him home to visit is my cooking-he loves food.When he went to college he was talking about the large variety of food on his meal plan and I must admit, I was concerned.Until he finally  confessed this weekend out of the blue,  that they call his restaurant at his college Spinner's revenge-I'll leave it at that:)He said Mom when I come home all I want is your delicious home cooking:)I love to cook, especially from scratch for people who appreciate and enjoy it:)It made me so Happy:)Is that wrong?:0




          Tuna Noodle Melt Casserole
Ingredients:
3 Cups of No Yolks Cholesterol Free Egg White-extra Broad Noodles
10  oz. (2 Cans) of Bumble Bee White albacore Tuna in water-drained.
1/2 Cup Hellman’s Mayonnaise
1 Cup Celery-chopped
1/3 Cup Onion-chopped
1/3 Cup Green Pepper-Chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. Pepper
1 can Cream of Celery Campbell’s Condensed Soup
1 Can Cheddar Cheese Campbell’s Condensed Soup
1/2 Cup Milk
1 ½ cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese Shredded

Directions:
Preheat Oven to 425 degrees
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add Noodles cook for 11 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In a large Bowl take a fork and break up Tuna. Add the Celery, Onion, Green Pepper, salt and pepper Stir until combined.
In a medium micro wave safe bowl combine Milk, Mayo and Soups stir. Microwave for a minute and half whisk until smooth.
Add noodles and half a cup of cheddar cheese to the large bowl stir until combined with tuna and vegetable mixture. Pour warm liquid mixture and fold until combined.
Pour into large greased bake dish. Smooth until even. Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle 1 cup Cheddar cheese on top.
Cook uncovered for 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment