Sunday, September 28, 2014

Homemade Buttermilk Waffles-Family Recipe-Sooo Good:)


Homemade Buttermilk Waffles-old family recipe-the Best! 
On the weekends I like to indulge my family with a delicious homemade breakfast. I make most of my recipes from scratch with fresh ingredients-it really doesn't take very long-shhh...don't tell them:) and the taste cannot be beat. 
This is one of their favorites:)



             

Buttermilk Waffle Recipe

Ingredients:
½ cup melted butter (1 stick)
2 ½ cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
2 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
3 TBSP Sugar
1 tsp. Salt
4 eggs
2 cups Buttermilk
2 tsp. Vanilla

Directions:
Season waffle iron and warm up.
Slice butter, place in small bowl microwave for 20 seconds –repeat until melted. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients-mix.
In a blender add all wet ingredients mix until well blended.
Gradually add dry ingredients about a cup at a time until blended. Don’t over blend-just until combined.
Pour on waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
Top with your favorite topping. I like fresh blueberries and Mrs Butterworth's Maple syrup. 
My son Blake eats them plain. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment