Thursday, September 11, 2014

How to keep you college student coming home on the weekends



  It is my son, Blake's first year of college and he is getting his first taste of independence. I am noticing him changing which is good he is being more independent which is exactly what he needs to do. I am selfish and love to see him on the weekends- I know it won't last forever-but I am going to make the most of it while he does:)
I try to have a little surprise for him to let him know I am thinking about him and it makes him feel special. It can be as small as his favorite candy bar, soda or an organizer for his bed, a picture of our dog who he adores for his dorm room-little thoughtful things. This week I got him a taco bell gift card-he craves that place. He has classes late 2 nights a week and misses dinner at the campus restaurant. He has a microwave so he makes mac and cheese and ramen noodles-this will give him another option and hopefully smile.
I am going to wash his sheets tonight and let them air dry-they smell so good and are a little crisp that way-makes for a perfect nights sleep-his favorite thing-beside food.
I try to make some homemade meals that are his favorites too-he is very loved:)

No comments:

Post a Comment