Sunday, August 24, 2014

Buttermilk Pancake Family Recipe

       On the weekends I like to make a homemade breakfast for my family to enjoy. I thought I would share a breakfast my mom use to make. Family recipes passed down through generations are some of the best!

They are sooo Good!


Buttermilk Pancake Family Recipe

Ingredients:
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
3 Tbsps. Sugar
1 ½ tsp. Salt
¼ Crisco-solid
2 Tsp. Vanilla
1 Egg
2 Cups Buttermilk


Directions:
Preheat griddle 300-325 degrees
In a large bowl combine dry ingredients and stir. With a pastry blender cut in  solid Crisco with dry ingredient until it looks like little crumbs. Add wet ingredients stir until combined but lumpy-do not over mix. In a small bowl combine wet ingredients and mix well.
Put a little butter to season the griddle.
Ladle batter onto griddle-cook until lightly golden brown on both sides-enjoy!

***My boys and I enjoy chocolate chips in ours-yum!

I try to serve some fruit with it to be a little healthy:)
The green fruit towards the back is a fruit we discovered in the Dominican, Quenepas Mamoncillo.
A local was selling it on the beach and we had to try it. Thy are good and fun to eat. My family made a game with the seeds trying to score in a cup basket:) I was surprised when I saw them at H Mart yesterday
You crack it open gently with your teeth
 and the fruit sort of like a peach/grape is revealed
with a seed in the middle.

The little grapes are champagne grapes-I do not see them very often but have to buy them when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment