Thursday, August 21, 2014

Healthy Lunch Avocado with a twist recipe

  I Love Avocados, I need to use some that I have-they are perfectly ripe. I just saw this recipe on Martha Stewart.com and I am going to make it for lunch. I am going to tweak it a bit.
I am going to use the gold Bumble Bee Albacore tuna in water-drained-this my favorite tuna. Then add the juice of one lime, add  5-6 chopped cherub tomatoes,  1-2 sliced scallions,  a few sprigs of chopped cilantro and just a small slice finely chopped jalepeno and  freshly ground salt and pepper-yum!


Lemon Tuna Avocado Snack

Lemon Tuna Avocado 



INGREDIENTS

  • 1 ripe avocado
  • Zest and juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 six-ounce solid albacore tuna, in spring water
  • 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)

DIRECTIONS

  1. STEP 1

    Halve avocado lengthwise, and remove the pit. Scoop out 2 tablespoons avocado flesh from each half, and leave the shells with the remaining flesh intact.
  2. STEP 2

    Mash the 4 tablespoons avocado with lemon juice and olive oil until smooth. Toss with tuna, sunflower seeds, half the lemon zest, and salt and pepper to taste. Fill halves with tuna mixture, and garnish with remaining lemon zest and basil, if desired. Serve immediately with a spoon.
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment