Saturday, August 9, 2014

OMG things we forgot to bring to set-up the dorm room:)



       You try to think of everything they would possibly need. I kept giving ideas and things I would find-they were smart-my husband and son said-let me move in and see what I need. He moved in yesterday and it becomes clear very quickly what you forgot:0
  • An organizer for the top drawer on the desk
  • hanging files for his desk
  • side table that attaches to bed post in my previous blog-necessary because the bed is elevated to fit the fridge and he couldn't reach his cell phone or water.
  • Studio 3B Bedside Storage Caddy
    $14.99
  • I saw a pocket holder for the side of the bed made of canvas that velcros at Bed Bath and Beyond-if I can find it in black my son wants that.
  • we looked at a couple colleges and within each there were 3 different type  of rooms that came with different things. I feel so silly, I didn't realize he got his own closet that he has a key to it-love it! But I didn't pack hangers-oops:0
  • hand soap
  • tape
  • stapler
  • More drinks like Gatorade.
  • Jacket
  • bathing suit-whitewater amusement park is less than a mile away and we purchased season passes.
Notes:
****everyone brought a mini-fridge-a must!!! Glad we bought one:)
There is such little room allot of kids put their bed one risers which the dorm supplies and put their desk under and then you have a little room to the side. My son is deciding if he wants to do that. One of his roommate's did.

I was talking to my son and he said he would be home around 3P.M. to get the things he forgot.
 I said it is a rainy day we might see a movie and he said oh ok I'll come home around 1PM. It was 11:30 A.M. a few minutes later he came in the door:) What a nice surprise-yeah! I know it won't happen very often-but I'll take it when it does:)

No comments:

Post a Comment