Monday, August 4, 2014

How to update a bathroom for very little money and get the wow factor

For under $20 take a boring white tub and warm it up and give it a Luxe Factor!

Luxe Bath

Boring white tub-huge potential:)
I want the bathroom to flow with rich brown
 and touches of gold and amber.
I know there is a huge potential for between these two large mirrors that is another project-I purchased I stencil that is perfect I will show you step by step how to faux it and make it a Wow factor! Keep checking back for more ideas.

Color pallet. This dark brown matches my cabinets throughout my house. I used on our fireplace mantel and when the builders project manager saw it he  liked it so much he asked how I did and what color I used.
Sometimes the colors in my picture don't always show as accurate as they do in person-the gold is a soft muted metallic by Ralph Lauren.
One of the swatches is Venetian plaster which I plan to use in the bathroom and here and there throughout my house I will show you how in future posts. 

Purchased at Hobby Lobby on sale 50% off went $1.50.


I dry brushed it rubbed off with a rag to give a rustic look. the paint I used was rich espresso metallics elegant finish by decor art purchased at Michaels for $2.17. Remember your michaels coupons and save 40-50%.

I used Behr Premium Plus Ultra paint Chocolate sprinkle from Home Depot as the main color $16 a quart. 
***Tape well and I would recommend showering in another bathroom until your project is finished because the humidity will make your tape not stick.

The accent color was Ralph Lauren Metallics Gold 2601
$20-25 a quart. I already had it from another project.

Finished product!

Another update I had done was to have our white soap dish in our shower removed with a corner one put in-in a color that complimented our tile. My husband kept bumping into the white dish and it stuck out like a sore thumb. 



We had tile work being done in our home and payed and had it done on the side for $100. There are some things I leave to the skilled professionals.
What a difference! Love it!






No comments:

Post a Comment