Monday, August 11, 2014

Part 2 Entry Decorated with Medallion Design


Before-Boring

After Chic and Inviting

Color pallet.
The venetian plaster will be used on the inside of the boxes on the columns-I showed it to give you an idea of why I chose the base color I did-because I am looking ahead to what I am going to do in the near future and I want everything to compliment each other.
I used a metallic as the accent to add a touch of Luxe.

I started with the base color in a satin finish. 
It is so humid right now I had a hard time with the tape sticking. I ended up using a credit card to seal it and putting a light coat of the original base to get cleaner lines. I also switched to frog tape.

I used a Ralph Lauren metallic  paint for the thicker stripe.
You have to use a special roller to get the faux metallic finish.



I repainted the medallions the colors I used on the design instead of the colors I talked about in my first posting.
I added a darker brown too for a little more contrast on the thin lines for accent they are a half an inch and for the x which is an inch.

I think I will get a brown outlet cover. I am also trying to get half medallions for the little sides if not it will stay like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment