Wednesday, November 12, 2014

DIY Large Glass Pillar Candle Ceneterpice for Thanksgiving, Holidays and your Home



                                    


 
I found this beautiful  Large Amber Pillar Candle Holder at a garage sale for $2!
What a deal-score! I am sorry I love a great deal:) A great place to find similar ones for great prices is TJ Maxx and Marshalls.
Vision was to use it as a centerpiece for my large kitchen island. I didn't want it to take up too much room because that is where I place my food once prepared, however I wanted it to make an impact.
 I looked in my craft supplies cabinets and
 I found Thanksgiving potpourri  that I purchased from pier 1 last year on clearance and a bag of vanilla potpourri so I mixed the two up and filled up my pillar holder.
 
Then I looked in my ribbons and found a rustic brown and tied a knot leaving a little ribbon trailing.

In the center I hot glued a large amber flower.
It still needed something so I took a couple large leaves and hot glued them on either side.
To add the final touch I had a couple of berry sprigs and I added one to both sides.
Right now Michael's has their harvest floral items 80% off!
 I liked it. I knew it was perfect when my youngest son who is 15, a man of little words,
came into the room when I had finished it and said mom that is really pretty:)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment