Tuesday, November 11, 2014

DIY Thanksgiving Holiday Candles Holders Centerpieces

Front view
Back view


This is my Thanksgiving Table I like it simple but elegant 
where there is plenty of room to bring platters of food and enjoy!
The accents around my decorative candle holders were purchased at Hobby Lobby.



I will show you how you can make these beautiful candle holders yourself.
They are easy and inexpensive to make.
Start with 2 pillar candle holders and candles.
I ourchased the candle holders at Pier 1 a few years ago on sale and recently purchased the candles which are 3"
pillars at Michael's on sale.
These are your base. Choose colors that compliment your house and decor.






You can get these mini grapevine wreaths at Michael's for $. 99 cents.
 These are your base for your flowers and decorative accents.



Michaels had their harvest floral items 80% off so I picked this up.

I make arrangement from time to time and I keep all my leftovers, leaves stems, everything:)
Between the little arrangement I purchased and what I already had, I had enough to make my beautiful candle holder arrangements for my Thanksgiving Table.
The next step is to do even amounts in the same colors for each arrangement and group them to get ready for assembly. I had some potpourri that had some large seeds and squash looking accents so I took them and added them  and some grapes I purchased from the dollar store to my arrangement for some interest.

These are the tools I recommend for assembling your arrangements.
Hot glue and glue gun, Wire cutters, scissors and floral wire.
I take some large leaves cut the stems off and hot glue them every so often around the wreath.

Now it time to add the flowers.
I put like colors across from each other for balance.
Now that you have your flowers on put your embellishments like the seeds, squash and grapes
where color is needed or where there is an empty space. Finally fill in with leaves to give a full lush look.
Whoa-la! I hope this helped to inspire you to make some for your self.















No comments:

Post a Comment