Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Secret to cooking a Moist Juicy Turkey that gives you tons of Gravy



  One year when my mother-in-law was visiting, she shared her secret to a moist turkey.

The secret is...using a turkey cooking bag-it is so easy, there is less mess and tons of juice for your gravy. Another plus is it cooks faster. I am telling you it is a life changer:)

I keep my turkey simple so you enjoy the flavor of the turkey and fresh herbs-yum!
 I defrost it 3 days in advance in the refrigerator-I get a big turkey-for smaller birds it can take 2 days.
After cleaned really well, stuff with paper towels to absorb extra water-then remove and discard.
Then I rub the turkey with butter, season with salt and pepper inside and outside.
Next, I stuff the cavity with a large onion cut in large chunks, 3 stalks of celery-cut into thirds, and a fresh herb bundle(thyme, rosemary and sage). Pop in Turkey bag with 2 Tbsp. Flour and 6 slits in the top of bag place in a roaster uncovered. Cook according to pounds of Turkey on cooking chart in the cooking bag box. Note*get the Large turkey size bags.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment