Sunday, November 16, 2014

How to make perfect fresh vegetable sides-never over cooked with this method


With all the delicious decadent food served for Thanksgiving and Holiday meals I love to pair then with fresh vegetable sides.
I have a fool proof perfect every time method that gives you tasty delicious al dente vegetables.
Boil a large pot of lightly salted water.
add vegetables such as green beans. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes.
Drain them in a colander and rinse with cold water for a minute. Set aside until 2 minutes before serving put on low heat with a tablespoon of butter. Then I sprinkle them with a little garlic salt and my family loves them!

when I cook asparagus I do butter with fresh lemon juice-yum!

It is funny my son is at college on the college dorm meal plan and what craves when he comes home is vegetables:) I guess they don't serve them there. I said I thought the meal plans at school were getting healthier. He looked at me with that really look and said Mom I am not in elementary school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment