Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Pies


Freshly made this morning
 
Blueberry Pie-
it smelled so good when it came out of the oven my son Blake said he smelled it up stairs and it smelled better than he remembered. I do not cook pies very often mainly on Holidays and birthdays. Blake requested this one-it is one of my favorites too-with a scoop of vanilla ice cream-Heaven:)

Butterscotch Pie-
My son Brandt and my husband's request.
Blake was like no! not butterscotch again! We had it for Brandt's and  my husband's birthday-they requested it-I do not like but they love it-it is my husband's family recipe. I must admit it smelled amazing when I was cooking it.
 I  made both-why not make everyone happy:)
 
Now it is on to Potato Leek soup, Au gratin potatoes, mashed potatoes(yes 2 potatoes to make everyone-Happy:)Fresh asparagus, rolls and Honey Baked Ham-Plan B because our deep freeze
died and we had to have our turkey earlier this week. My son Blake is ribbing me that it must be Christmas because we are having ham:) We do not usually have ham then either but we were going to because the boys were craving it. Now it will be Turkey for Christmas:0 It is all good:)
Happy Thanksgiving!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment