Monday, July 14, 2014

Cutting the Apron Strings



   All this college stuff is making me sentimental:)


One of my favorite pictures of my boys:)
 

Blake on Graduation Day
Graduation
I was doing great, I didn't cry when my son recently graduated.

Even when he went on his trip to Europe for 2 weeks-that is the longest I have ever been away from him. I was even strong when he kept ribbing me about leaving soon-constantly.

What got me, was when on his first day on his euro trip he texted me and said... Mom I hate to admit it, but I miss you already-then the flood gates opened.

My youngest son Brandt started laughing at me saying...Mom what are you going to do when he goes to college?
 Can I have his room? and do I get bigger gifts now that he is gone?
Really?
Brandt is 15...what comes of his mouth and things he does-makes me laugh:)
There are precious times when he will say Mom, can I have a hug?...of course:)

Blake said something interesting the other day...Mom, you got the pets to replace me.
Silly boy...no one could EVER replace you:)

It is an exciting time...he has worked so hard to get good grades, graduated with honors and is focused on getting his masters for a successful career. I am a proud Mom.

                   It is like letting a Butterfly go...

I look forward to seeing the Man he becomes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment