Saturday, July 5, 2014

Easy Refreshing Summer Recipes



       We were in an experimenting mood yesterday while cooking- loved the chicken twist we tried.
I marinated the boneless chicken breasts in Italian dressing-which is delicious on its own, but our jalapeno plant had so many jalapenos is was falling over so my husband said lets add it to the marinade. I said sure-I know the heat from that increases the metabolism to burn more calories, my son loves anything hot and its always great to use  something fresh from your garden. When he put in one chopped finely-it didn't look like enough-I said it out loud and my husband and son laughed, really? OK. We will do another-then I got scared and said no its fine-too late, they said and added another:) We had 7 chicken breasts we thought some for dinner and left overs for lunch tomorrow. The chicken was marinading in the Italian dressing for 3 hours and the jalapenos were added an hour before cooking. We named this recipe Firecracker chicken because we thought it will have some major heat. Surprisingly it didn't-it was a refreshing burst of flavor that was really delicious. If it would have marinated longer who knows? I am going to do this from now on I liked it that much.





I made watermelon 3 different ways yesterday...this was my favorite-we were all like that is really GOOD:)

I saw it on  foodnetwork.com

Watermelon Granita

Total Time:
3 hr
Prep:
3 hr
Yield:2 cups
Next Recipe
Ingredients
4 cups seedless watermelon chunks
1/2 cup sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
Directions
Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Puree until smooth. Pour into a shallow, wide pan and freeze for 1 hour. Rake mixture with fork and freeze for another hour. Rake and freeze for one more hour. Rake and serve in cups.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/watermelon-granita-recipe.html?oc=linkback


Watermelon Granita

My husband had the idea to have me cube some and he added fresh mint from our garden and a touch of sea salt-we really liked that. The kids didn't-an acquired taste:)


My kids favorite way to eat watermelon
they like it cold, simple finger food-the rind is their handle:)

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment