Thursday, July 3, 2014

Wow...Good Deeds gone bad or is it just Carma?



      I told you in my earlier blog postings about the great finds on landscaping I found and how I was trying to make our back woods area pretty and inviting. It did until...Well.... life got busy... it very quickly  turned into a jungle that needed to be tamed:)
You could'nt tell what was my pretty plantings because the weeds took them over.
Not the pretty landscaping I was going for-I had to suck it up and make it pretty again.


Thorny little beasts cut right through my rubber gloves:0

Not a fun job, but necessary. Actually a little fun... some of these weeds are monsters and I pull and pull and when it finally breaks loose I am like yeah! I got you:)
It was funny yesterday I was pulling and pulling and finally got it and went flying back on my butt it was just the time my son Blake came out and he said Mom are you OK?

My husband said let me weed wack. That seems like an easier solution, but you really need to get them by their roots Preen and cover with pine needles to help(hopefully:)) not have them grow back anytime soon.

I got skin poisoning again-I got it last year and so this year I wore rubber gloves and used samples of a cream my derm had given when I got done weeding and showered I would slather it on-it worked until this last time. It got me bad. It didn't show up until 2 days later. All over my face, neck, etc. I was sweating(which I thought I shed some water weight-win! but,  I think when I wiped  the sweat off my face, I spread it-darn! Fail:(
Everyone is like, I love you but you are freaking me out...don't get too close... I don't want to get it. I am like I am so itchy! Needless to say my husband had to leave for L.A.-happily hoping he will return to a normal wife:)
It is itchy blisters you want to scratch
but know you shouldn't because it will spread
-torture!
The crazy thing is I had rubber gloves on...
and I still got it on my hand:0

My kids said Mom that is carma you shouldn't be weeding. But if I do not do it , it doesn't get done so what is my alternative? I am doing major weeding like those large garbage can completely full and 6-8 large black garbage bags too. I am still not done. I am amazed how they grew so fast.

Making a little progress-a ways to go...
Better do it while I am on the meds:)
I really need to miracle grow but do not dare
until the weeds are gone-they don't need any help growing:0


   So, I went to the derm and  got 3 scripts 1 for steroids for 3 weeks, the cream of the samples that worked so well and antihistamine. I went to fill them and got the shock of my life! Normally we pay $10 for a prescription will our medical plan so you have to understand when the pharmacist said this cream is not covered under our plan... it will be $661!  I had to ask her to repeat it:)  I asked if there was another option like a generic? She looked and said yes-thank god. She said you will have to have your derm call it in before we can fill it. I called the derm and got the answering service and was told they will not be  back in the office until Friday-this was Wednesday. I said I have been itchy miserable since Sunday and its spreading fast-can you please try to let a nurse know. They did, this morning I called the pharmacy and they said my script is waiting for $10-yeah! Just another crazy day in my life:)

I am sharing this with you to help you :)
The expensive cream for $661 Locoid
The generic which on our plan is $10 Desonide

No comments:

Post a Comment