Thursday, July 17, 2014

DIY Step 1 Entry Hall Decorative Paint Design-Wow Factor


Plain-needs a wow factor
to welcome our guests to our home.
For very little money paint and these medallions
 I found will transform this space.

This is my inspiration for the design
that I will create on the walls in my entry.
I will create a larger version of the X and place
 my medallion plaques in the middle.





Picture  the back wall painted a rich caramel satin
 with an X design in a metallic brown and the medallion in the center
-it is going to look amazing!
I am going about 3 feet up the wall  with this design.







This is an example of a finished entry-different design than what I am creating now,
but you get the idea more of what I will create.


I did this in our Tampa Home's Entry-it was inspired by France.
 A french couple purchased it as their forever home and wanted to meet me-it was so cool.
 In each home I like to do something different.

Our current home is inspired by Italy and Prague-you will see allot of medallions:)




OK now to give the medallions a  faux  finish  for the center of the design.
It is cement cast medallion I found an artist at one of the show
s who I purchased oriental letters for my sons Modern Zen room and asked do you have medallions?
She did'nt have any at the show but we emailed and I got these for $5 a piece!
I use acrylic paints from craft
store Michael's to create the finish.
For the base coat I used a dark chocolate acrylic paint
Once it dries to add dimension I add a touch of caramel candy paint with a brush
and dry rub it off with a rag.

Next I add a touch of Luxe
 with a metallic paint rich espresso.
I added black touches here and there on the edges and dry ragged them off.
Here is the finished product.
I will show you step 2 next week:)
The walls and design.

No comments:

Post a Comment